Surfers Paradise Chiropractic Health & Wellness Center
12 Thomas Drive
Chevron Island QLD 4217
Dr Bruce Whittingham B.Sc (chiropractic), D.C
Dr Bruce Whittingham graduated in 1993 from AECC in Bournemouth England.
He is the president of the Queensland Chiropractic Association Australia, he often travels lecturing in Australia and abroad, is the co-developer (with his wife Sophia) of Sole Revolution orthotics, has worked with the V8 super car teams for over 10 years and is the loving father to 4 beautiful daughters.
Dr Whittingham bought Surfers Paradise Chiropractic centre in 2001 after locating here from the UK. He immediately fell in love with the lifestyle offered on the Gold Coast, and realised that he could add a valuable service to the Gold Coast community by helping them stay active and healthy. By creating an integrated approach to your healthcare needs he has helped hundreds of Gold Coasters see great results!
He is the pioneer of Adaptive Neuro Kinetics – ANK technique, and uses kinesiology, activator, Gonstead and cranial techniques to perform his adjustments so each person is treated as uniquely as they are made.
Dr Whittingham is a registered Chiropractor and a member of the Chiropractors Association of Australia.
Important COVID-19 Information
Our aim is to maintain a Corona Virus free environment
Now is a time to increase our vigilance and ensure we slow or stop the spread of this virus.
We have introduced extra measures to the clinic to protect our clients and ourselves.
If you have overt signs of fever or infection or have been in contact with anyone who has, we ask that you lets us know and reschedule your appointments for at least two weeks.
In the Clinic
- All clients must wash or disinfect their hands on arrival
- We are thoroughly washing or disinfecting our hands between each patient
- All equipment is wiped down with disinfectant after each patient
- All equipment is wiped down with disinfectant after each patient
- The whole centre is cleaned down (with disinfectant) at the end of each shift
- With your help we can keep a Corona Virus free environment
In everyday life
- Social interaction plays a critical role in our overall level of wellbeing, so during this time of “social distancing” we need to take advantage of the wonderful technology we have available to us. make phone calls, Skype and FaceTime to family and friends daily.
- Keeping positive and having “Hope” plays an important role in reducing stress, whilst we understand this is an extraordinary event we must remember we have an incredible medical system here in Australia and the measures that have been imposed have managed to keep Australia in good shape.
- Humor, watch comedies to help lift the mood.
- Movement and exercise, as this is another way to boost you immune system. We have seen many online exercise classes since the gyms have closed but we can do many activities on our own likes squats, star jumps or even stepping up on our toes.
- Diet with fresh fruit and vegetables. It is easy to resort to “comfort foods” alcohol and snacks which can create chemical stress in the body and reduce our immune defence.
- Managing pain, as this can reduce sleep and create inflammatory changes in the body. This along with pain medication will also reduce your body’s natural defences.
Please call us on (07) 5539-9798 if you have any concerns or further suggestions.
Dr Craig Haywood – Chiropractor
Having graduated with a bachelor of science degree in Chiropractic in South Africa, Dr Craig travelled to Europe where he worked in Holland for four years. During this time he developed a passion for working with athletes and perfected his skill in neuromuscular release techniques to help speed up the healing processes.
With Family here on the Gold Coast, Dr Craig was keen to settle here with his wonderful fiancé, and enjoy all the benefits of the Gold Coast lifestyle!
Dr Craig really does “walk the talk” living a very healthy lifestyle, combining exercise, diet and Chiropractic to keep himself at his peak!
Dr Craig is a registered Chiropractor and is a member of the Chiropractors Association of Australia.
Wіth Family hеrе оn thе Gold Coast, Dr Craig wаѕ keen tо settle hеrе wіth hіѕ wonderful fiancé, аnd enjoy аll thе benefits оf thе Gold Coast lifestyle!
Dr Craig really does “walk thе talk” living a vеrу healthy lifestyle, combining exercise, diet аnd Chiropractic tо kеер himself аt hіѕ peak!
Dr Craig іѕ a registered Chiropractor аnd іѕ a member оf thе Chiropractors Association оf Australia.
Scott – Remedial Masseur
Scott has been a remedial massage therapist for 7 years and in that time has worked with a wide variety of clients ranging from elite swimmers and triathletes, everyday people trying to keep active as well as a large number of chronic pain sufferers.
Dr Elise Willcocks – Chiropractor
“I have been wanting to move to the Gold Coast with my 5 children, and when I met the team here at Surfers Paradise Chiropractic health and wellness centre I realised I had found exactly the right practice to join. having started my studies a little later in life it gave me time to make some really important decisions on not only what I wanted to do by also why.
For me the results I had received through Chiropractic care personally and then also with my children when they were babies really inspired me to be able to help people like that too. Although studying with young children was a challenge and a sacrifice – my children were always very supportive, and now my eldest daughter has finished high school and is hoping to study Chiropractic also.
Having spent the last 2 years in Canberra I was blessed to have worked along side a very experienced Chiropractor who was also a qualified naturopath. This experience really enabled me to fine tune my skills, working closely with chronic arthritis sufferers looking after not just their spinal adjustments but also their diets, supplementation, exercise and even state of mind through breathing and relaxation techniques.
Having of my own I also fully understand the desire and need to be able to make the right choice when it comes to health care for our children. This is not always an easy process, but I learnt to always look at the least invasive treatment first and then increase if required. This is why becoming a Chiropractor was so appealing to me as not only are baby and child adjustments very safe and gentle, the can stimulate incredible changes in the body, helping it move from sickness to wellness relatively quickly.
I look forward to being able to work with you and your families to keep a healthy spine and active life.